NEW ZEALAND STUDENTS!
If you’re a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, over the age of 18, Pagoda Projects is offering the chance to apply for a minimm of 4 week-internship with 10 hours of Chinese Mandarin Language Classes with our Qingdao Branch in parallel to your PMSA-funding application. There is no obligation to pay any fees or sign our booking form until you have received notice of the outcome of your application to Education New Zealand. If you don’t get the funding, you don’t have to come. It’s as simple as that! This conforms to our student-focused and transparent approach.
Applicants will need to meet PMSA criteria.
Apply to Pagoda Projects and work with our team to prepare your perfect internship opportunity
Apply to Education New Zealand before 30th March for funding to cover your programme, flights, visa and living allowance (details below)
If successful, complete our booking form to confirm your internship and work with our team to prepare everything you need for your programme with us!
Our pricing is:
- Programme Fee: $3,495 NZD (includes 10 hours of language classes)
- Accommodation: $220 NZD Per Week (Private Room in shared apartment or Homestay with local family)
*Please note, a $300 NZD deposit will be added onto all programmes upon booking form being signed. This is a refundable deposit to cover no-shows and/or any damage incurred to accommodation.
Throughout your time in Qingdao, China, you’ll be supported by Pagoda Projects’s friendly and experienced on-site team. Support will include pick-up and orientation, 24-hour emergency assistance, and opportunities to join a range of ongoing events, trips and activities. Because your internship placement will be funded by the Education New Zealand administered PMSA programme, all you need to worry about is making the most of the experience.
What’s Included in the Programme Fees?
- Support before, during and after your programme
- Arrangement of full-time internship with one of our partner host companies
- 10 hours of group or one to one Chinese lessons (to be taken during evenings and weekends)
- Medical and travel insurance
- Visa application letter and support during this process
- Registration with local police station (legal requirement in China)
- Welcome package including SIM-card, T-Shirt & useful info prepared by our team
- Orientation presentation
- Personal introduction to your host company
- 24/7 emergency contact person
- Option to join regular trips & events
- Access to our exclusive alumni network
* Does not include non-direct costs associated with acquiring visa such as transport. Participants will not be refunded for unsuccessful visa applications or where participants do not ultimately take part in this programme
What can the PMSA Scholarship Cover?*
- Our Programme Fees
- Accommodation & Living Allowance
- Return flights
**Details may change. Please review Education New Zealand’s website for the latest information.
We are looking for people with a genuine interest in China who are dedicated to their studies and future career goals.
We have several available start dates for a minimum of 4 week-internship in Qingdao:
- 15th June
- 27th July
- 19th October
- 23rd November
Please click on the button below to find out more about this wonderful destination