BECOME ONE OF OUR ELITE TEAM OF HEROES
InternChina is an award-winning organisation in the International Higher Education sector, Providing internship programmes to universities and government-funded organisations. InternChina has placed over 2500 students and recent graduates from countries all over the world in China since 2007. We are an ethical, transparent and student-focused organisation, with a well-established and enthusiastic team. We aim to do things differently in our sector, with off-the-beaten-track destinations, unbeatable value, unrivaled support on place and a ‘quality over quantity’ approach. We are always looking for motivated people with relevant experience to join our teams in our 5 China offices for both short and long term positions.
OUR CURRENT OPPORTUNTIES
General responsibilities and role assumptions:
The role of an intern in our China offices will give you a close insight into the day-to-day running of a business in China. We are a relatively small and family-run business, so you will be welcomed as part of the family and able to enjoy a friendly working atmosphere. The office internships we offer have variety of duties, but each role is tailored to every candidate and their skills.
We have 5 main areas of the role that we’ll ask you throughout the application process of what you’re interested in, which are: sales, business development, marketing, events management and design. A summary of the duties can be found in the internship description below.
- Handling of applications, participant data management, and general administration tasks.
- If the intern has the interest: Video filming and editing, Photoshop design for a multitude of different purposes. In house training available.
- Communicate with our university partners and establish new partnerships.
- Create press releases and China related articles, then aim to get them published for press exposure in your home country.
- Local marketing: occasional flyering and postering, visiting relevant events and networking.
- Assisting our China-based online marketing team by posting positions on relevant job boards and university careers pages.
- Blog writing, posting on social networks and contributing to relevant online forums.
- Email newsletter creation using Mailchimp and photoshop.
- Assist with the coordination of our alumni network, gather feedback and create relevant statistics for marketing purposes.
- Assisting your office manager with administration, answering client questions and working on on-going group projects and scholarship schemes which InternChina is currently working on.
- Arranging regular events, activities and trips for groups of interns.
- Student or recent graduate
- Fluent in English. Another European language would be a plus but not a must.
- Students on business, language or Chinese Studies related degree programs are preferred, but applicants with any degree program will be considered.
- Tech savvy. Able to use office software effectively.
- Familiar with all main social networking sites.
- Hard-working and committed.
- Enthusiastic about travel and discovering new cultures.
- The full time internship located at one of our Mainland China offices.
- A private bedroom in our accommodation throughout your time in China. You’ll have a choice between apartment or our homestay option. All bills and WiFi included for both options, breakfast and evening meals included with the homestay.
- Fully comprehensive medical and travel insurance for the duration of the internship.
- 10 hours of group language Mandarin Chinese classes at our local partner language school.
- 24/7 support from the InternChina team throughout the programme.
If accepted onto the programme there is no programme fee to pay but you would need to cover the cost of your flights, visa and day to day spends in China.
Coral on being an InternChina intern
“I would 100% recommend an internship in China. It’s just crazy, I love it!”
Details about our office internships
Our Marketing & Design manager Jack talks about the InternChina office internships
Vicki on being an InternChina Intern
“I got a lot of responsibility, which is not what I’ve had in other internships before”