WELCOME TO INTERNCHINA
InternChina are proud to have partnered with Curtin University to deliver an exciting 7-week language, culture and internship project with Funding from Australia’s New Colombo Plan (NCP).
Note: This program is only available to Curtin University Students who will receive an NCP Semester Grant for their studies abroad in China.
Curtin University Students who will receive an NCP Semester Grant for their studies abroad in China also have the option to take part in an additional program in Taipei, Taiwan. You will get to experience a unique destination steeped in culture and tradition, which is also experiencing rapid economic growth and industrialization as one of the Four ‘Asian Tigers’. It is home to many of the worlds’ leading companies and punching above its weight as Australia’s 8th largest trading partner.
The Destination: Taipei, Taiwan
Duration: 7 weeks
Dates: 30th November 2019 – 19th January 2020
Application Deadline: 14th October 2019
About the Program:
The program will begin with an initial 2-week period of language study and onboarding, complimented by business visits and cultural activities to familiarise students with Taipei, including a visit to the Australian Chamber of Commerce. Following the onboarding program, students continue their language studies whilst beginning a part time internship. Following the completion of the language course, the internship will progress to full time for the final three weeks, This will culminate in a total 60 hours of mandarin Chinese study.
Our Taipei Branch staff will work with eligible applicants to match them with engaging internships host companies and students will go through the placement and interview process to establish which company will be hosting them prior to departing Australia.
Language of Instruction: English
Overview of Taipei
A wide range of business internships available in all sectors such as marketing, sales, media, tech, trade, engineering and sourcing. To view the internship descriptions, please check out our Taipei internship listings.
InternChina will arrange a Skype or WeChat interview between you and the internship company of your choice.
Funding: This program is supported by the Australian Government’s New Colombo Plan (NCP) Mobility Program. Students selected for this opportunity will receive a $1,000 AUD NCP Internship Grant and a $1,500 AUD NCP Language Training Grant (total funding contribution $2,500). This is in addition to any NCP Semester grant you receive.
Eligibility requirements: To be eligible you must have already been approved by Curtin University to receive an NCP Semester Grant for China
Price: $4,650 AUD
The internship placement process begins in August 2019.
What’s Included in the Program?
- 5 week internship (2 weeks part time, 3 weeks full time) tailored to area of study/interest
- 60 hours of mandarin Chinese tuition (3 hours each morning for 4 weeks)
- Support before, during and after the experience
- Taiwan Visa application fee, consultancy & invitation letter
- Comprehensive travel & health insurance
- Full orientation for students upon arrival
- Welcome package (incl. local SIM-card, local guide, t-shirt)
- Accommodation including transfer upon arrival
- Required police registration for all participants
- Workshops, visits and cultural activities within the 2-week onboarding program
- 24-hour pastoral care from InternChina
What’s not Included in the Program?*
- Day to day living expenses
- Any vaccinations/inoculations recommended by your doctor
- Any optional weekend activities (i.e InternChina’s optional Thursday dinners and weekend trips)
- Any other costs incurred that aren’t specifically mentioned as being included in the program
Don’t forget to register with Smart Traveller before you depart. If you wish to find out more about extending the duration of your placement at extra cost, please make a note in the application form. If you have an up to date CV, please attach this at the bottom of the form. Please complete the internship placement form below and we look forward to hearing from you.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
Deadline 10th August 2019