This company is a domain name registrar and cloud hosting service provider. It was one of the first domain name registrars approved by ICANN for .COM, .NET,.ORG, .BIZ, .INFO, .NAME, .BE, .FR, .EU domains in France. The company now has multiple offices around the globe (including one in Taipei since 2014).
Their customers are companies of any size as well as many individuals which use their main product (domain names) to host their websites or email. They also have other cloud services (SSL, Virtual private servers).
Number of Staff –
15 (Taipei) 120 (Worldwide)
• Learn what it means to work in a cross cultural environment with people from different cultures (France, Taiwan, Germany, Japan) and how a worldwide company is structured to maintain 24/7 service for its customers.
• Get day to day use of Business Chinese Mandarin speaking/writing abilities.
• Engage with our Chinese speaking customers
• Learn about the business of a domain name registrar
• Engage with Gandi’s suppliers (TWNIC, CNNIC, JPRS, Donuts, PIR) on specific cases
• Learn how the Internet, DNS and related technical topics work
• Participate to conferences / tradeshows
Months 6-12 will depend on the interns interests and skills.
+ Must speak and write good mandarin Chinese (HSK 4 or TOCFL (Taiwan standard): C1, ) or Japanese (JLPT N2).
+ No previous IT knowledge necessary but is a plus
+ Must see a real meaning in the freedom of the Internet and open source.
+ Fast learner
6 -12 months