Applications for students and graduates from universities in Wales and Scotland are currently closed.
We are still accepting applications on a rolling basis from students and graduates from universities in England and Northern Ireland only.
For all of our Generation UK funded programmes, there is a strict eligibility criteria each applicant will need to meet in order to be considered for the funding.
Eligibility criteria for the Generation UK funding:
– Currently attending or recently graduated from a UK university.
– Achieved at least a 2:1 in your undergraduate or postgraduate course. If you’ve not completed your course yet, the grades you’ve already achieved must average to a minimum of 59% after your first year of study. Students in their first year of study are not able apply until they’ve completed their first full academic year.
– Graduated within 12 months of submitting your Generation UK funding application, if you’re now no longer in higher education.
– Have received either a grant or a certain level of loan from students finance, all defined here.
– Hold a UK passport or be an EU Home Student.
– Be at least 18 years old.
Don’t worry if you don’t have all of the documents needed to confirm your eligibility to start with, as we can add these in at a later date.
Not sure about a certain aspect of taking part or the programme? Check out our FAQs page for lots more information!
Please complete the form below to be considered for one of the funded places.
British Council will use the information that you are providing in connection with processing your application. The legal basis for processing your information is in agreement with our terms and conditions of application (contract). We may need to pass this information on to the following partners; InternChina for application processing.
British Council complies with data protection law in the UK and laws in other countries that meet internationally accepted standards. You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold on you, and the right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in that information. If you have concerns about how we have used your personal information, you also have the right to complain to a privacy regulator.
For detailed information, please refer to the privacy section of our website, www.britishcouncil.org/privacy or contact your local British Council office.
We will keep your information in line with our retention policies from the time of collection.