MANCHESTER SCHOLARSHIP FOR TAIPEI PLACEMENT
InternChina are now offering a Paid Placement Scholarship to an eligible applicant from our home city – Manchester!
If you are looking for a 6-12 month accredited placement for your course or graduating soon and looking for paid work in Asia, then apply below!
The scholarship is worth £1,495 and includes a placement in a sector of your choice, visa, insurance, on-site support and much more!
If you’re successful in the scholarship application, you’ll be provided with:
- A 6-12 month paid placement in a sector of your choice with one of our host companies.
- The cost of the appropriate visa for Taiwan.
- Fully comprehensive travel and medical insurance for your time in Taipei.
- Accommodation assistance on arrival.
- Airport pick-up service.
- Welcome package on arrival.
- 24/7 support from our Taipei team.
- Much more!
– Taipei is the capital city of Taiwan, located in the north of the island, only a short metro ride away from the beach. The city is home to around 3 million people and one of the tallest buildings in the world (Taipei 101). Free wifi throughout the city, one of the best transportation systems and amazing street food… no wonder Taiwan won the top country in the world with the best quality of life! (source).
Have a browse through the following blogs for more info on the city –
Everything you need to know about Taipei
- To be studying or a recent graduate from either University of Manchester, Manchester Metropolitan or Salford University.
- Achieved at least a 2:1 in your undergraduate or postgraduate course. If you’ve not completed your course yet, the grades you’ve already achieved must average at a minimum of 60%.
- Hold a UK passport and not over the age of 30 years old (Due to Taiwan visa regulations).
- To be able to start your placement at some point in 2019.
- Commit to at least 6 months in Taipei, staying a maximum of 12.
- Be interested in Taipei and Taiwanese culture!
Are the placements paid?
Yes. By law, host companies will need to provide a salary of around £600 per month. The salary for our Taipei placements will easily cover living expenses (rent, food etc).
Do I need to speak Chinese to participate?
This usually depends on the placement company – Most of our partner companies don’t require any Chinese language skills though.
As you will be living in Taipei for a while, we do encourage you to do some self learning of the basics though to help you settle in.
What about flights and accommodation?
Flights are not included, so the cost of getting to and from Taiwan would need to be covered by the successful applicant. Accommodation is also not included, but we will help to arrange this for when you arrive and will show you around the best parts of the city to live based on your budget and location of host company.